Day: February 28, 2019

  • DC Rajouri Tours interior areas near LoC in Manjakote*  Numerous public deputations meet at panjgrain and Dehri Raylote Sectors_

    DC Rajouri Tours interior areas near LoC in Manjakote* Numerous public deputations meet at panjgrain and Dehri Raylote Sectors_

    Rajouri Feb.28: In view of frequent ceasefire violations and cross-LoC shelling Deputy Commissioner, Rajouri Mohammad Aijaz Asad today visited forward areas of LoC in Manjakote sector to take the first-hand appraisal from local populace.
    The DC was accompanied by senior superintendent of police, Yougal Manhas,SDPO, Manjakote, Tehsildar Manjakotr, Block Development officer Manjakote and other concerned officers.

    During the visit, the Deputy Commissioner interacted with the affected people from cross border shelling.

    The Deputy Commissioner was apprised of several issues like immediate constructions of new individual and community bunkers, proper rehabilitation of border people.
    Moreover, DC also took the first-hand appraisal of the measures being put in place to provide necessary help to the affected people. He also directed the officers to station at headquarters to redress the problems of the people and ensure the provision of all the basic amenities so that the people do not face any hardship.
    Deputy Commissioner also inquired about the the contingency plan for setting up of the Safe shelters if required in an emergent situation.
    Meanwhile, Deputy Commissioner also visited the construction sites of bunkers along LoC being executed by the PWD in the areas which experienced repeatedly ceasefire violation. These Bunkers include the community as well as individual and the concerned executing agency was directed to speed up the work for early completion of bunkers.

  • Saudi Foreign Minister coming to Pakistan with important message from crown prince: Qureshi:

    Saudi Foreign Minister coming to Pakistan with important message from crown prince: Qureshi:

     

    lamabad, February 28:_ PakistanForeign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi on Thursday said his Saudi counterpart, Adel al-Jubeir, is coming to Pakistan today with an important message from Crown Prince Mohammad bin Salman.

    Speaking to Geo News, Qureshi said, “I have received a message that the Saudi foreign minister is departing for Pakistan.”

    “The Saudi foreign minister is bringing an important message from Crown Prince Mohammad bin Salman.”

    Earlier this month, the Saudi crown prince visited Pakistan. In his joint press conference with Prime Minister Imran Khan before departing, MBS said, “It feels home in Pakistan…. We believe in Pakistan’s future, we believe that Pakistan has huge opportunities. In 2030, Pakistan will be next to two huge economies, China and India.”

    “Pakistan will definitely benefit from these neighbours, there’s great leadership to put Pakistan in the right position and we can see that happening, because in 2018, Pakistani economy grew by 5 per cent. So we believe that Pakistan has huge potential and I believe it could be one of the 20 biggest economies in future.”

    The Saudi foreign minister’s visit comes at a time when tensions between India and Pakistan are at an all-time high.“`

  • Bring back Abhinandan’ says slain CRPF personnel’s widow, wants ‘Indo-Pak dialogue not war

    Bring back Abhinandan’ says slain CRPF personnel’s widow, wants ‘Indo-Pak dialogue not war

     

     

    GNS SPECIAL REPORTER

    Kolkata: , Feb 28 (PTI) The widow of slain CRPF personnel Bablu Santra Thursday urged both India and Pakistan to hold talks instead of escalating tensions.

    She also urged the Narendra Modi government to ensure the safe release of Indian Air Force (IAF) pilot Abhinandan Varthaman, captured by Pakistan on Wednesday.

    Mita Santra, widowed on February 14 in a suicide bomb attack on a CRPF convoy that claimed 40 lives including that of her husband, said she was not worried about criticism on social media over her anti-war stand.

    “We should give dialogue a chance instead of war that will lead to loss of so many more lives,” Santra told PTI while urging the government of India to make all efforts to ensure Varthaman’s return.

    “I urge our government to engage with that of Pakistan to get back Wing Commander Abhinandan Varthaman safely,” she added.

    Varthaman was captured following a fierce engagement between air forces of the two sides along the Line of Control in which a Pakistani F-16 jet was downed.

    The IAF also lost a MiG 21 Bison jet being flown by Varthaman.

    Apart from the loss of human lives, war leaves an indelible mark on economic and social front affecting the people of countries involved, Santra said.

    It is natural that the armed forces will have to go to war and make the ultimate sacrifice, but the Indian government must ensure their security, she said.

    “I want security of the forces to be ensured. All the forces, be it the Army or the paramilitary like CRPF or ITBP, are of the government of India and it is the duty of the government to take necessary measures to ensure their security,” she said.

    Santra said she was not bothered about social media trolls criticising her stand on war, adding that if one person has criticised her, ten others appreciated her approach.

    Following the death of her husband in the car bomb attack on the CRPF convoy by Pakistan-based terror outfit Jaish-e-Mohammed in Pulwama, Santra had said that war should be avoided as it will snuff out the lives of many more on both sides of the border, leaving women widowed, mothers without sons and children without fathers.

    “After February 14, nothing touches me. Anybody can say anything, I am not worried,” said the mother of a six-year-old girl, who has a masters degree in modern history and teaches in a private school.

    However, she wondered if those criticising her had a family member serving in the armed forces.

    “Sitting in their homes, some people are saying so many things, but do they have any of their family members in the Army, Air Force, Navy or paramilitary forces?” she asked.

    Stating that she has been offered a compensatory job in the CRPF, Santra said she has not yet decided on taking it as the transferrable job will come in the way of taking care of her aged mother-in-law.

    “I want a job in the West Bengal government as was promised by ministers who visited our house following my husband’s death,” she said.“`

  • DM Srinagar orders regulation of provision of petroleum products*  Order prohibits storage of fuel and LPG to ensure equitable distribution

    DM Srinagar orders regulation of provision of petroleum products* Order prohibits storage of fuel and LPG to ensure equitable distribution

     

     

    GNS SPECIAL REPORTER

    SRINAGAR, In order to ensure equitable distribution among the general public and prevent hoarding and black-marketing after fresh stocks of petroleum products including fuel and LPG have been received, District Magistrate Srinagar, Dr Shahid Iqbal Choudhary, under powers vested to him under Section 144 of CrPC has ordered regulation of provision of petroleum products.

    The order prohibits dispensing or collection of fuel at fuel stations in any kind of container or vessel instructing that fuel must not be dispensed in anything other than directly into tanks of vehicles.

    It also prohibits any individual or organisation other than designated or authorised stores and depots from storing any kind of petroleum product.

    The order shall be applicable throughout the territorial jurisdiction of the Srinagar district. It states that violation of this order shall attract strict action against defaulters under Section 188 of RPC

  • *Security Advisory*  By District Police Rajouri

    *Security Advisory* By District Police Rajouri

    GNS SPECIAL REPORTER

     

    From last few days more than ten such reports have been received wherein some police, civil officers as well as some civilians have received phone calls from suspicious unknown numbers wherein callers impersonating themselves as senior army officers, senior police officers, senior civil administration officers try to inquire about some security related issues .

    During investigation by experts, it has been found that these calls are rooted from outside country through a specialised software due to which some other phone numbers , mostly starting with +91 code are displayed on mobile screen.

    In the investigation conducted so far, it has been ascertained that calls are made from outside India and some miscreants / anti-national elements / anti-social elements are trying to befool people by pretending as senior officers and try to fetch vital information.

    In these circumstances, all the people are advised not to share any kind of details with such dubious callers and rather disconnect the call as soon as you come to know that caller is not known to you but trying to get some vital information.

    Alongside, immediately bring the matter in the notice of concerned police by reporting it in nearby police station or directly to the office of Senior Superintendent of Police Rajouri.

    It is made clear that no civil / police / army officers directly calls people or officials at field level to inquire about security scenario and other allied information.

    People making these calls try to get some vital information by befooling so that they can achieve their nefarious designs.

    *People in general are also requested to aware their family members, friends and common masses in this regard*

    *Issued by
    District Police Office
    Rajouri*.